(I may or may not have almost given up on trying to make my online personality somewhat of a thing this year, but as self-absorbed as it sounds… I dunno. I like refering to myself at the third person. Sometimes… Ha!)
New Year’s Eve and whatnot, I figured I’d make a list of what happened this year. The ups, the lows, the to-do-agains, the to-do-overs, the to-never-do-again, the new things, the cool things…
All in all it was one heck of a busy year, I tell ya :)
Fire Emblem: I played through PoR and RD, started Blazing Sword, Shadow Dragon, continued Sacred Stones (and restarted lol), tried the other games shortly xD Definitely developed a crush on the series
Legend of Zelda: Didn’t play as much as I would’ve wanted, but I was waiting for 25th anniversary stuff (esp. the 3DS special edition. Which of course came AFTER I bought mine when I had given up on it. Next time Mel, be MORE patient)
That’s pretty much ALL I did video-game wise this year though, besides a few stints on old games like OB64 and Xenogears.
Sum 41 - Screaming Bloody Murder. It’s my album of the year. Just enough Chuck-like feel. Awesome songs that I wanna sing along to. In fact, it’s pretty much the only thing music-wise I can remember of the year. Um, and the song My Vanity by Eve to Adam… *shrugs*
Girlfriends & love: So happy in a way that things turned out the way they did. My girl right now may be a few hundred miles away, but I know she loves me for real. And that’s pretty awesome because I love her so much in return. <3
Writing: August is a much, MUCH better month to do NaNoWriMo in than November ever was for me. I think I’m gonna stick to camp NaNo from now on. Also, I am somehow improving. Which is, well, wow. Haha. Going back through the first few chapters of Code meteor is a fun trip back in time. I hope I can finish Shelter next august (or the sequel to CM. Or MAYBE I’ll just pick up a new idea. You never know. I have so many O.o)
Health & Fitness: First half of the year I saw myself lose 30 pounds. 5 months after, I struggled to stay even. December? Gained 10 pounds. I swear, summer is bad, bad, bad for me! I gotta try to keep my focus on this further down the road. And not give up halfway through.
Free time: Aquasize twice a week on top of bowling on Mondays and doing everything else I wanna do? Yeah, right. NEVER AGAIN will I boost my schedule like that. I am a stay-at-home and do homey things type of gal. I need my off time. I need my me time.
Summer vacations: Connecticon is always fun! Woulda been better if more than 1 person recognized I was a Fire Emblem character! lol. Totally going next year doing the Firefly cosplay thing. If everyone else goes through with it. (I’m gonna dress up and be Simon! Yay!)
Dollhouse, Misfits, Ready or Not, Daria. Revisits or a first time, I think I got through a lot of TV this year. Followed through with Lost Girl, Castle, White Collar, Eureka, Warehouse 13 and How I Met Your Mother. And the show that sticks out? Definitely Dollhouse. I bought the DVDs for 10$ at Best Buy two days ago so my family could watch them too. <3
Ender’s Game, Speaker for the Dead. Um well, besides Serpent’s Storm (Amber Benson… not as good as her previous 2 books like I reviewed when I finished it), those are the only 2 books I read all year. Ha. Next year should contain more read-time, I hope.
I love my cats. I had to mention this because Mr. Paul just groaned and stretched all cutesy-like on the couch behind me. Yea :P
Chores are lame. My approach was along the lines of do everything in the same day… But I think I’m going to split things up from now on. Dishes right away (wonder how long I’ll keep this up), for one thing.
I should try to play more piano and guitar. I don’t wanna lose my musical creativity/ability yet :(
Finally was hired by the place I’ve been working at for the past 4 and some years! It’s quite a relief. I had started looking elsewhere a bit. So now I’m looking into saving up some, and hopefully buying a house in the near future. Yup, yup. A house. Oh gosh, how old am I?!
Cruise in mid-december: it was awesome. Vacations in december I think are going to become a staple for me if I can make it. But next time around, I’ll make sure not to overburden myself just before I leave. >_< Also, next time around I’ll try not to eat so much…
Doctors and dentists and being a grown-up: I’ve gotten over my fear of calling places a bit more. It’s a work in progress, but I think eventually that anxiety will be sorted out. Still need to work on the stress-anger thing. Now, I must stop forgetting to call for a dentist and eye doctor appointment… <_<
I think that sums it up pretty good. I may have forgotten things, but if I did, then it didn’t really mark me, so, uh, carry on! lol.
“Tag, you’re it! Here are the rules: Each tagged person must post ten things about themselves. You have to choose and tag ten people. Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them. No tag back.” (You don't have to do this if you don't want to do it)
Aw geesh, I’ve done one of these a few months back, and just now realized I never finished the 100 facts thing (anyone remember what # I was at? ^_^’)
Anyways, here goes.
1) I’m extremely lazy. So much so that I won’t tag anyone (everyone I follow’s already done it, it seems, anyway lol). Oh and hey, free fact! lol
2) I was utterly traumatized by the two and a half years I worked at Subway. I still dream about it four years later. *nods with energy*
3) I can’t decide if the proper grammar on #2 was two years and a half or two and a half years… The french language in me makes proper grammar difficult at times xP
4) ‘Kay, enough half-assed facts… Um. I always wanted to take sword fighting classes, but never had a chance to. I’m sold to swords as a weapon of choice. So much so that, would I be sent to war right now? I’d refuse to bear a gun and would arm myself with two trusthworthy blades and some proper ninja training :)
5) I’m a very picky eater in the matter that I don’t particularly like most of the stuff I eat on a regular basis. But I still try to eat as much of the stuff I don’t like that’s healthy anyway because it’s healthier. There are also a few foods that provoke a gag reflex on me that I have to steer away from, though (cooked mushrooms, anyone? Also, omelets. I’ve also recently learned to handle turnip, lol)
6) Finishing the stuff I start is quite a feat in my case. I love starting new games/projects. I rarely ever get to the end though. I must have like 15 games I came close to the final boss in and then gave up on (I don’t know why, but I feel like I MUST level grind. It’s the death of me xD)
7) I cannot resist a cute kitty. I swear. I’ll be pissed beyond belief, then one of my cats does something remotely cute and I just… melt. Now, I just need to learn to look at them when I’m angry, ha!
8) I love ice skating. I suck at it, but I love the feeling of gliding on the ice. And the idea of getting that cup of hot chocolate when I get home afterwards is usually a plus. Wish the weather would sort itself out so I could goooo already!
9) I don’t understand the people that beat on a band for “sounding the same” most of the time. That’s the point. I love a band for what they sound like, not what they could sound like a few years from now… I, for one, was heavily disappointed by what Linkin Park has become :(
10) Totally random, but when I was about 5 or 6 I won two drawing/coloring contests at the same drug store in the same year. Halloween and Christmas. (I think they were random draw) Both prizes were GIANT stuffed animals (a black cat and a teddy bear wearing a christmas hat). They were about my size back then! I had to get rid of ‘em eventually when my parents divorced and we lacked space for them, though :(
One of the games in the 3DS ambassador program is Fire Emblem Sacred Stones!!! (Another one is Yoshi’s Islands. I don’t regret buying it early anymore! I’ll just get stickers to make it look more badass than your LoZ edition, hmpf!)
It has come to my attention last night that I’d been playing Sacred Stones on Easy on my emulator before… Noooo freakin’ wonder it was so easy! lol. (Yet I still managed to get killed a lot and have to restart lol.)
I’d like to believe I’m not going to make the same newbie mistakes I made back when I had the tutorial mode and whatnot. I mean, I overused Seth early on. As far as Jeigan goes, he’s one of the best, but you can’t have him gaining 2 EXP when another guy could gain 50, y’know? lol
Sadly I sent Colm to slaughter 3 turns into the level where you get him. It was 1AM okay? (And he couldn’t dodge a tiny 45% hit rate to save his life… TWICE! ***** RNG)
You celebrate it? Make the best of it :) Remind your loved ones that they’re important to you, enjoy some good food, have a blast, get drunk beyond belief. if that’s your thing.. Y’know, make yourself happy! ^_^
You guys are all great and wonderful and full of surprises and good times. Only change what makes you better in your eyes. Stay classy! Have a hell of a good time!
Gais, Gais! I was invited to my good friend, brearune's wedding, and it's taking place on Monday! And and, I'm going to Tampa first thing in the morning tomorrow! And tonight I'm sleeping over at Steph's near Montreal! And, wow. First wedding, first plane trip, first cruise of my life. Oh, and first unpaid vacation I manage to bargain from work :P
But boy is there a LOT to do. I will be away from any sort of internet for an ENTIRE WEEK. That kinda scares me lol. Goes to show how far into our lives the technology is ingrained now.
It’s also one of the reasons I’ve been pretty scarce around these parts lately. No one seems to miss me though, lol. Ah well. I’ll be back with more free time after this :) I’ll miss you guys!